Saturday, October 2, 2010

Adequate

Philippians 3


8 Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ 9a and become one with him.


I once thought that material blessings were the goal I sought. Lost and hopeless in the futility of my thinking, it took a humble man of God to show me the Way. Now, I realize that material stuff is just that: stuff. It turns to rust and dust. As a wise man said yesterday at Bill Behrman’s inauguration, what I have is “adequate.” I don’t want so much that I no longer depend on God, nor do I want so little that I am tempted to sin. I know that I have enough. I know that Jesus is plenty for me, and all that other stuff is meaningless!

No comments: