Friday, October 22, 2010

Fearless Foundation of Faith

2 Timothy 1

5 I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you. 6 This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
 8a So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord.


So much packed in these few verse! Paul confirms the importance of passing along the faith through the family, reminds Timothy that those of us who follow Christ need not fear, we have the power of Christ working in and through us, and then comes the BIG ONE: never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. Unfortunately, so many American Christians are filled with fear, shaky in their heritage, and ashamed to speak out. Sigh. I praise God for the college age crew who meet at our house each week, because these folks live out their faith, and are not ashamed! I love it!

No comments: