Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fiery Bones

Jeremiah 20


9 But if I say I’ll never mention the Lord

or speak in his name,

his word burns in my heart like a fire.

It’s like a fire in my bones!

I am worn out trying to hold it in!

I can’t do it!


The Prophet Jeremiah is complaining that God has misled him, and that when he speaks the Lord’s Word, he becomes a laughingstock. Even in the midst of this complaint against the Lord, Jeremiah admits that he is compelled to speak out for the LORD God Almighty. I mean, that is what he has been commissioned to do. No matter the personal cost. No matter the ridicule. No matter the disdain with which he is received. I want to have that same mindset as I dare to speak God’s Word as revealed in the Holy Scriptures. It certainly is not popular in our culture today to stand up for Jesus, but I have this fire in my bones that won’t allow me to do otherwise. Bring on the ridicule, disdain and hatred. Jesus took all of those things for me, so how could I dare to expect to have to take any less for Him?

No comments: