Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Firm Foundation

1 Timothy 4

 11 Teach these things and insist that everyone learn them. 12 Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 13 Until I get there, focus on reading the Scriptures to the church, encouraging the believers, and teaching them.


Aside from the usual comments I would make about verse 12 since it has been a theme verse for my student ministry for 23 years now, I am struck by Paul’s admonition to Timothy to keep folks firmly grounded in the Scriptures. I mean, if we are to set an example for the Believers, then we must first be firmly grounded in the Scriptures, and we must then encourage others to be the same. It all comes down to a firm foundation built upon God’s Holy Word. Let us never forget that!

No comments: