Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fix My Thoughts

Philippians 4


8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.


Paul says he has one final thing to tell the church at Philippi: “fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and purse, and lovely, and admirable.” I have to admit that my thoughts are way too often scattered and certainly NOT fixed on those things described there by Paul. I fail miserably in concentrating on the things of God,

and allow the worries and cares of this life to creep in much more than I should. Oh, not as much as I used to, but I still find myself distracted by earthly matters when I should be concentrating on Kingdom matters. Forgive me of this sin, Oh Lord. Hep me to do better from this day forward.

No comments: