Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hated by the World

John 18

18 “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. 19 The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you.”


How appropriate to read this on October 31st. I no longer belong to this world, and I am not interested in participating in the pagan festivities of this world. Be it the pagan festivities celebrated on this date, in the Spring with a symbol of pagan fertility (a bunny), or the pagan winter festival with all the materialistic trappings. I am interested in celebrating Jesus every day of the year! If the world hates me, I count it as a badge of honor. When I stand up for the principles of Christ and am lambasted for those stands, I am only living the life for Christ. Yeah baby, I LOVE it!

No comments: