Thursday, October 29, 2009

Betrayer of Jesus

Mark 14

10 Then Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve disciples, went to the leading priests to arrange to betray Jesus to them. 11 They were delighted when they heard why he had come, and they promised to give him money. So he began looking for an opportunity to betray Jesus.


Betraying Jesus isn’t an activity limited to Judas Iscariot. When I examine my sorry life, I see numerous occasions when I have betrayed Jesus. Times when I laughed at inappropriate jokes. Times when I filled my mind with sinful images and thoughts. Times when I acted arrogantly, and spitefully towards others. Times when my behavior flat out denied Jesus was Lord of my life. I hurt for Judas Iscariot, because I can relate to him. The ONLY difference between Judas and me is that I do repent and ask for forgiveness. I am a wretch, and I have betrayed Jesus throughout my life, but my desire is to never betray Him again. I can use your prayers on this one.

No comments: