Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Angry Jesus, Pt. 2

Mark 10

13 One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him.
14 When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.” 16 Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them.


Yesterday, I looked at an instance where Jesus was angry because of sin and the effects of sin. Today, Jesus is angry once again. I though Jesus was all meek and mild…NOT! Look at this passage…Jesus is angry with His disciples because they don’t have a clue why Jesus is on the planet, even after having spent the time with Him that they have! I know that lots of folks look at this passage and concentrate on Jesus loving children (which He does), but I want to consider how even those who are following Jesus closely can sometimes allow their own prejudices to block out the true purpose of Jesus. May I set aside my pre-conceived notions about Jesus’ agenda, and just allow Him to set the agenda. Period.

No comments: