Saturday, January 7, 2012

Stuff

Matthew 6

19 “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. 21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.


As a “typical American” I have way too much stuff. Today is a day I have designated to rid myself of much of that stuff. My attic and garage are overflowing. Father, it is my desire to better arrange what I need and to rid myself of that I do not need. My treasure is my salvation in Christ Jesus, but my material possessions could easily get in the way if I allow them to do so. May it never be so. May my stuff be used to proclaim the glory of God, and may any stuff I have that hinders that proclamation be swiftly removed from my life!

No comments: