Monday, January 30, 2012

Humility in Service

Matthew 20

25 But Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. 26 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. 28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”


Humility in service is the mark of a true follower of Christ. I haven’t always been nearly as humble as I hope that I am now. My attitude is one that I pray portrays humility. I have no desire to have the spotlight turned on me, I simply want to serve in the Name of my Lord Jesus. I don’t need to be the one getting any praise or honor, because it all goes to Jesus anyway. I don’t claim to have any authority, I simply try to lead others by example, and to Christ. Lord, help me be humble as I serve You daily. Forgive me when I allow pride to creep into my life. Do not allow me to desire the spotlight, the accolades, or any other such distraction to the mission for which You have called me. May I die to myself today, so that Jesus is lifted up on high in my life.

No comments: