Tuesday, January 24, 2012

In Times of Trouble

Psalm 20

1 In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry.

May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm.


Yesterday brought tragic news from several different fronts. A nine-year-old girl orphaned as her Mom dies of a-yet-to-be-determined illness. Her Dad, who was a minister, died while on a mission trip four years ago. My heart breaks for this beautiful child of God who now has neither an earthly father or mother. I know that she has a loving extended and church family, and in that I take comfort. Then, last night some dear friends from church got word that their daughter had been in a car-train collision and is in critical condition. Lord, God, I am praying for these families in their time of severe distress and pain. May You comfort them, and bring to them a peace that passes human understanding. I love them all dearly, and love You even more, O God.

No comments: