Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bad Fruit

Matthew 12

33 “A tree is identified by its fruit. If a tree is good, its fruit will be good. If a tree is bad, its fruit will be bad.”

I am glad that the fruit trees on my property produce good fruit. If they did not, they would no longer be of any use to me. Jesus reminds us in this verse that bad trees produce bad fruit, just as wicked people behave wickedly. That is not me judging, that is simply using the common sense that God gave me to be able to discern what is happening around me. Those producing bad fruit need the love of Jesus. May my life be filled with grace, but may I also know not to allow my behavior to be influenced by the bad trees out there. May I act like fertilizer and pesticide to help those bad trees become good by producing good fruit. Otherwise, may those trees be cut out of my life.

No comments: