Sunday, January 29, 2012

Everything Belongs To God

Psalm 24


1 The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.

The world and all its people belong to him.


You know, when we FINALLY come to grips with this truth, our world view changes to the proper perspective. This week, I have been in heartsick prayer for the families of Crystal Keller, Lori Angel (both of whom died this week), David Bompart (shot while doing mission work in Haiti & in critical condition), Kim Miller (potassium levels through the roof, wife of my friend Gary Music Miller), and John Martinelli (diagnosed with a blood disorder that brings him dangerously high red blood cell levels). I have pleaded with God on behalf of these families, and I praise God because I know that He works all things together for the good of those who love Him. Since we all belong to Him anyway, I know that His plan for our lives is best. I know that He is worthy of glory, honor, and praise. I will do my best to serve Him on this day. To do any less would not make any sense at all.

No comments: