Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Not Impressed

Proverbs 3


7 Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom.
Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
8 Then you will have healing for your body
and strength for your bones.


Continuing in the thought pattern from yesterday (which is good since these are the next two verses from yesterday’s reading), I am praying that I will never again be impressed with my “own wisdom.” I once thought I was a very wise dude. That was before I realized how much I simply do not know. The older I get in my walk with Christ, the more convinced that I really do not know much at all. In fact, I only WANT to know this one truth: Jesus Christ, crucified Son of God, Risen from the dead Lord and Savior, Sitting at the right hand of God speaker on my behalf, coming again some day to take me (and all who are called out by Him) to live eternally in His presence. Nothing else matters to me. Period.

No comments: