Sunday, January 15, 2012

No Peace

Matthew 10


32 “Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.

34 “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.

35 ‘I have come to set a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36 Your enemies will be right in your own household!’”

Jesus lays it out in plain and simple language here. As a follower of Christ, I must always be prepared to acknowledge His Lordship publicly, and I must not expect that my life will ever be anything closely resembling peaceful. My unwavering allegiance to Christ will, in fact, bring conflict into my life. May I be prepared to handle that conflict, and may Jesus be glorified in my life always.

No comments: