Sunday, September 18, 2011

United With Christ

Galatians 3

26 For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes. 28 There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you.


When does Paul say that we are united with Christ? When we are baptized. Paul says that we put on Christ, like putting on new clothes. I am so glad that I have new clothes, because my old ones were as filthy rags in the eyes of God. My new clothes are a shimmering white, because I am now a child of God through my faith in Christ Jesus and through being united with Him in baptism. Like everyone else who has obeyed the Gospel, I am one with Christ and with them!

No comments: