Friday, September 2, 2011

Now Is The Time

Ecclesiastes 3

1 For everything there is a season,

a time for every activity under heaven.

2 A time to be born and a time to die.

A time to plant and a time to harvest.

3 A time to kill and a time to heal.

A time to tear down and a time to build up.

4 A time to cry and a time to laugh.

A time to grieve and a time to dance.

5 A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.

A time to embrace and a time to turn away.

6 A time to search and a time to quit searching.

A time to keep and a time to throw away.

7 A time to tear and a time to mend.

A time to be quiet and a time to speak.

8 A time to love and a time to hate.

A time for war and a time for peace.


I believe this the time for our current Elders to take a stand, to confront in love, and to exhibit the type of leadership that is frankly being called into question by some (not me, by the way). I see evidence that this will indeed occur, and I am so heartened! I love our Elders, and the godly example they set. Especially when they are “attacked” by a well-meaning brother in Christ. I pray that my attitude in this situation will be one that brings glory to God always. Yeah, I have some repenting to do, and some trusting to do. Now is the time.

No comments: