Friday, September 16, 2011

Old Self Died

Galatians 2

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.


This is so key. As a follower of Christ, who has been obedient in Baptism, I know that my old self is dead. Not that I don’t still struggle with sin, but that struggle is different now because I have the indwelling Holy Spirit to convict me when I need to be convicted, to remind me when I need to be reminded, and to encourage me when I need to be encouraged. I cannot overcome sin in my life on my own...it is only through the Power of God through the Holy Spirt and because of the Blood of Jesus that my sin can be overcome. For that I praise my Lord every single day!

No comments: