Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Confesion

Psalm 51

1 Have mercy on me, O God,

because of your unfailing love.

Because of your great compassion,

blot out the stain of my sins.

2 Wash me clean from my guilt.

Purify me from my sin.

3 For I recognize my rebellion;

it haunts me day and night.

4 Against you, and you alone, have I sinned;

I have done what is evil in your sight.

You will be proved right in what you say,

and your judgment against me is just.


David writes these words after the prophet Nathan has confronted the King with his sin involving Bathsheeba. These words are so appropriate for me on a daily basis. Father, thank You for being so loving and so forgiving. Help me to change my attitude, so that I will not so easily desire to give in to temptation and sin against You. It is my desire to live so that You will be pleased with me always. I know that this is ONLY possible when I submit to You daily.

No comments: