Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hear My Cry

Psalm 55

1 Listen to my prayer, O God.

Do not ignore my cry for help!

2 Please listen and answer me,

for I am overwhelmed by my troubles.

3 My enemies shout at me,

making loud and wicked threats.

They bring trouble on me

and angrily hunt me down.


Ten years ago today, a similar prayer to this was on the lips of lots of folks in America. We had suffered the attacks from Muslim Extremists who want to see this nation and these people come to an end. I offer this prayer not as an American, but as a Christian. Lord, do not ignore my cry for help. May this day serve as a reminder for me to depend upon You and Your Son Jesus daily. There are plenty of wicked folks who want to see me and what I stand for destroyed. Not because it is me, but because I stand for You, Lord. Whether I remain alive physically or not, may YOU be glorified always. May my life bring You honor, and may those who observe my life be drawn to You.

No comments: