Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hmmm

Galatians 1

6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News 7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.

8 Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.

10 Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.

Paul is way more harsh than I find myself being on this subject, and I do not believe that Paul is in the wrong. The denominational movement within “Christianity” teaches a man-made, false doctrine regarding salvation. Calvinism is flat out NOT found in the Scriptures. I know that there are folks who will vehemently argue this point. I would simply point folks to the pages of the Holy Scriptures, particularly the book of Acts, to see how the early church treated the subject of salvation. How does Paul treat this notion of “the elect”? Why are 21 of the 27 books of the New Testament designed to help Christians know how to live? Hmmm...I could start sounding like Paul in Galatians 1, now couldn’t I?

No comments: