Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fearful Responsibility

2 Corinthians 5

11 Because we understand our fearful responsibility to the Lord, we work hard to persuade others. God knows we are sincere, and I hope you know this, too.


I wonder how many of us who claim to be followers of Christ truly understand our fearful responsibility to the Lord? I mean, we are all not Paul, but we have been given talents, gifts and abilities. We do have our own spheres of influence. We have been called by the Creator of Life and the Author of Salvation to serve as His ambassadors. Yet, we are often content to slog through this life giving little thought to those around us who will go to hell because we have not shown them the love of Christ in our lives. Makes me sad to think that we get so caught up in our own petty problems that we forget the big picture. I need some prayer time about this today.

No comments: