Thursday, September 8, 2011

Let's Settle This

Isaiah 1

18 “Come now, let’s settle this,”

says the Lord.

“Though your sins are like scarlet,

I will make them as white as snow.

Though they are red like crimson,

I will make them as white as wool.

19 If you will only obey me,

you will have plenty to eat.

20 But if you turn away and refuse to listen,

you will be devoured by the sword of your enemies.

I, the Lord, have spoken!”


As I listen to the Lord this morning, I hear Him saying, “Come now, let’s settle this.” It really boils down to one thing: obedience in love. If I truly love the LORD, I will obey Him. If I truly believe that God alone can forgive me of my sins, cleanse me of my shortcomings, grant me everlasting life, then why WOULDN’T I love and obey Him? Exactly. It could only be because I don’t really believe Him. Well, I do believe, and I do love and I desperately want to obey Him. Guess it is settled then, eh?

No comments: