Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Good Spanking

Proverbs 23

13 Don’t fail to discipline your children.

They won’t die if you spank them.

14 Physical discipline

may well save them from death.


It is easy to fall back into parental mode on this one, but today I want to assume the role of the child. God is my Father, and He must discipline me. I won’t die if I am spanked by my Heavenly Father, but a lack of discipline will surely lead me to separation from Him. There is much in my life for which I am deserving of a good spanking. I do not ask my Lord to spare me from such discipline, I simply ask to learn my lessons well from this discipline so we don’t have to keep going over the same thing time and time again. I am a slow learner, though, and I fully anticipate getting spanked again. Do what You must for my sake, O Lord.

No comments: