Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Time Flies

Psalm 39

4 “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.

Remind me that my days are numbered—

how fleeting my life is.

5 You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.

My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;

at best, each of us is but a breath.”


Time on this planet flies by. It seems to speed up the older I get. In counseling with a couple recently, I told them that most of what happens on this planet will not last, and will be quickly forgotten. Pain, suffering, even physical death...these things do not last. What we must concentrate on are those things which are eternal: life in Christ, love for one another, obedience to the Gospel. For people who do not know the Gospel, life on this planet seems to be the “be all, end all.” For those of us who are in Christ, we know that life on this planet is but the blinking of an eye. Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Help me to concentrate on the eternal, and to help others come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

No comments: