Saturday, August 27, 2011

God Enabled Follower

2 Corinthians 1

21 It is God who enables us, along with you, to stand firm for Christ. He has commissioned us, 22 and he has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything he has promised us.


I turn 26 today. It seems like just yesterday when Don Boswell was helping me rise up out of the watery grave of baptism into a new life in Christ. As I look back on these past 26 years, I see God’s hand in it all. Yes, there have been good times and not-so-good times, but God has enabled me to stand firm for Christ through it all. God has commissioned me to be His servant, and blessed me with the ability to do that vocationally. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is a blessing beyond words. Be privileged to live out my faith daily is a joy that I pray I share well with others.

No comments: