Friday, August 5, 2011

Fool for Christ

1 Corinthians 1

18 The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.

30 God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin. 31 Therefore, as the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about the Lord.”


I will look like a fool in the eyes of the world as I follow Christ. That is no problem for me, whatsoever. I will boast only in Christ, for He alone is worthy of such boasting. Having been united with Christ, I have all the wisdom I need as I walk closer with Him each day, spend time in His Word each day, and do my best to live for Him each day. On my own, I am simply a fool. In Jesus, I am a fool for Christ, and I don’t mind that designation one tiny bit!

No comments: