Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Imitators

1 Corinthians 11

1 And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.

Now THIS is a serious verse! It is my desire to live a life in Christ that would allow me to use this verse as my life verse. Yeah, I want to be such a devout follower of the Lord Jesus, that I can encourage others to follow me as I follow Jesus. Would that I dare encourage others to imitate me as I imitate Christ. That, my friends is a scary, serious challenge. Not for those whom I am intimating to imitate me, but it is a serious challenge for me! See, if I were to be so bold as to issue that challenge, I place myself in the position of being judged by the Lord Jesus Himself for how I did in that regard. At least for now, I simply will say, “follow Christ with me.” I pray for the day when I can boldly proclaim, “imitate me as I imitate Christ.”

No comments: