Friday, August 19, 2011

Shelter

Psalm 36

7 How precious is your unfailing love, O God!

All humanity finds shelter

in the shadow of your wings.


The thought of being sheltered in the shadow of God’s wings is more comforting than mere words can express. How great is the knowledge that God is my shelter. As I spend the next two days helping with Habitat for Humanity working on homes in our county, I cannot help but marvel at the notion of helping provide shelter for families who in many cases just would never be able to do so without Habitat. I know beyond a shadow of any doubt that I could not have the shelter I need from God without the Mercy and Grace extended to me through Jesus. May I be His hands and feet and may I extend that grace as I go about my daily business so that others may find the shelter known as Jesus.

No comments: