Sunday, August 21, 2011

More Than Enough

Job 1

20 Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship. 21 He said,

“I came naked from my mother’s womb,
and I will be naked when I leave.
The Lord gave me what I had,
and the Lord has taken it away.
Praise the name of the Lord!”

22 In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God.

Job has just lost everything. His children, and his wealth. His reaction? He grieves, and he worships God. What a great lesson I can learn here. It is natural to grieve, but even in my deepest grief, God is worthy of my worship. Thank You, Lord for the story of Job. Thank You for affirming the fact that my true riches and my true source of joy come from You alone. What a great companion reading from Psalm 37 this morning: 16 It is better to be godly and have little than to be evil and rich.

17 For the strength of the wicked will be shattered,

but the Lord takes care of the godly.

Thanks for taking care of me, Lord. I have more than I deserve, and more than I need because I have Jesus!

No comments: