Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Proper Judgment

1 Corinthians 5

12 “It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning. 13 God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.”


Once again, Paul hits the nail on the head. We “church people” are not to judge those outside the church. After all, pagans behave like pagans. However, when those inside the church start behaving like pagans, we are not only to judge, but we are to correct. If they will not accept our correction, we are to disassociate ourselves with them. Pure and simple. There is NO room for sinful mindsets and lifestyles in the body of Christ. Not that we won’t sin, but it is the attitude about sin that is the subject at hand. I sin every day. I don’t want to, but it is my struggle. However, if I were to decide that a certain sin of mine was no longer a sin, and that I could just keep wallowing in it then I should be admonished, corrected, and if I don’t submit to the authority of the Bible as explained by those in the church, then I should be cast out from among the believers. I would in fact, no longer be a believer! May we in the church be careful to love people to Jesus, but may we be totally intolerant of sin in the camp.

No comments: