Friday, April 2, 2010

On His Mind

Luke 9

51 As the time drew near for him to ascend to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem.

On this Good Friday, when I have been filled with thoughts of the sacrifice Jesus made on that cross for my sins, this verse jumps out and convicts me even more. Jesus RESOLUTELY set out for Jerusalem. Jesus was resolved to do the Father’s Will, which meant that He was resolved to pay the penalty for my sins and for the sins of every human being to ever walk this planet. I have spent the good part of this day pressure washing our pool deck, with songs from a “genius playlist” from my iPod leading me in a time of praise and worship. The play list was based on the song, “The Stand” and included such tunes as:

Take All of Me

God of This City

Happy Day

My Savior My God

Tell The World

Mighty to Save

How He Loves

You Hold Me Now

…just to name a few. Thank You Jesus for having me on Your mind as you resolutely set out for Jerusalem and as you were hanging on that cross. You are on my mind always.

No comments: