Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hearts Afire

Luke 24

32 They said to each other, “Didn’t our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?” 33 And within the hour they were on their way back to Jerusalem.

It’s the first day of the week, three days after Jesus was crucified and buried. Two men traveling to Emmaus are met by another man who doesn’t seem to know what has happened. When they try telling this guy the scoop, He starts quoting Scripture to them. Soon, the arrive in Emmaus and the stranger stops to break bread with them...lo and behold it is JESUS! This is one of my favorite Gospel passages, and I have a tie dyed t-shirt reminding me of having hearts afire for the Gospel. May my heart burn within me each day as I spend time in the Word of God, and may I seek opportunities to share the Good News, just as these two men did. May I do so this very hour!

No comments: