Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Counter Culture

Luke 12

29 “And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such things. 30 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. 31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.

32 “So don’t be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.”

The American Dream is so counter Christian culture. Far too many of us who claim to follow Christ get sucked up into the American Dream, and material possessions become our gods. Father, help me to realize that You provide my needs, and all the rest is just stuff to be used to build up Your Kingdom and to assist people in Your name. May my happiness come from knowing that You delight in giving me the Kingdom, and may I share with others liberally so that they, too, may have a share of Your Kingdom!

No comments: