Friday, April 9, 2010

Encouraging Words

Proverbs 12

25 Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.

For much of my life, I was a worrier. From the time I was young, I was told by others to “lighten up,” or to “stop being a little old man.” It was my nature. As I have grown in my walk with Christ, I have learned to turn my worries over to Him. Not that I am ALWAYS successful in this, but as soon as I recognize that I am falling back into the pattern of worry, I pray and release it to my Lord Jesus. I also try to put into practice being the one who gives out an encouraging word. I have found that being an encourager to others is in fact, encouraging to me, and my worries seem to melt away. Thank You, Lord for Your Word and for the encouragement I draw from it each day. Thanks for taking my worries away and helping me to be a much more cheerful person these days!

No comments: