Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Workers Needed NOW

Matthew 9

35 Jesus traveled through all the towns and villages of that area, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed every kind of disease and illness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. 38 So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.”


Just as it was in the days when Jesus walked the earth, the need for workers in the fields is very great. We are all called to follow Jesus, therefore, we are all called to be workers for the harvest. Why is it then, that we get so caught up in our own day-to-day lives forgetting the One Who calls us? The need has never been greater. This planet moans and groans for the return of Jesus. People all around the globe need to learn about the love the Father has for them through Jesus. People in my neighborhood need to know that love. How selfish of me to keep it to myself. As I pray today for the people of Haiti devastated by an earthquake yesterday, I pray not only for their physical well-being, but more importantly that God uses this disaster to reach them for Christ. I pray for missionaries and mission works I am familiar with in Haiti, like Mike & Teresa Grant, the Hands & Feet Project, and Christianville. Help me, Lord to help them more in this time of great need. Help me, Lord to feel this sense of urgency not just for the people of Haiti, but for unsaved people everywhere EVERYDAY!

No comments: