Friday, January 22, 2010

Compassion

Matthew 14

14 Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

As I see the video and the still pictures from Haiti, I am overcome with compassion for the people and their suffering. Just a tiny glimpse as to what Jesus sees on a daily basis. While I am praying to look at the world through the eyes of Jesus, and to act like He would act, I cannot help but think of how short I fall. Lord, instill a greater measure of compassion in me, and help me to put feet on these prayers.


On this, the anniversary of RoeV Wade, may my compassion extend not just to the innocent babies who are victims of abortion, but to the men and women who are victimized by the LIE that sells them on abortion. Father, God, have compassion on them, and help me to show a compassion that passes human understanding. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.

No comments: