Saturday, January 9, 2010

Celebrating Heroes

Psalm 9

1 I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
2 I will be filled with joy because of you.
I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.


I got a phone call from my Great Aunt Eula today. My Great Uncle Jim is in the Hospice House in Palm Bay and not expected to live through the weekend. Jim & Eula have been married for 63 ½ years, and Jim just celebrated his 90th birthday on Dec. 23rd, a day Eula describes as a good day for her husband. They love Jesus and they love each other, and it shows. Jim fell & suffered a head injury 17 months ago. He has required constant care ever since. They have only been able to go to church one time in the past 17 months. My Aunt Eula’s response to all of this? She says she has been blessed to have had the time she has had with my Uncle Jim. She told me today that some people don’t even live 63 years, much less get to be married that long. Uncle Jim & Aunt Eula are heroes of mine. I join my Aunt in praising God even in the midst of knowing that my visit with them today will be the last time I see Uncle Jim on this side of eternity. I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praises to Your name, O Most High.

No comments: