Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Give it all up!

Matthew 13

44 “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure that a man discovered hidden in a field. In his excitement, he hid it again and sold everything he owned to get enough money to buy the field.”


It’s interesting that this passage from Matthew comes up in my daily devo reading today. Earlier today, I was preparing for this weekend’s Youth Group lesson and Luke’s version of this parable is mentioned. God is reminding me today that I need to be 100% sold out for Jesus. I would gladly give everything I “own” for Jesus. I do give it all. Whatever God has loaned me to use on this planet, I want to use to build up His Kingdom. That is, and has been for many years, my attitude towards the physical stuff in my life. Thank You, God for showing me this great lesson, and for reminding me of my commitment to You!

No comments: