Thursday, January 7, 2010

Forgiveness

Matthew 6

14 “If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. 15 But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.”


I think this is the hardest saying of Jesus recorded in the Scripture. Forgiveness does not come easy to me. I have chronicled my struggle with forgiveness in this devotional blog before. I want to make sure that I am on the right road when it comes to forgiving others, and I want to forgive without conditions, because I want God to forgive me without conditions. I also do not want to allow someone to take advantage of me (or of my family) because I was naïve I don’t think Jesus wants us to be naïve, but we must be forgiving. I hope that I am doing better in that department. I am trying.

No comments: