Friday, August 20, 2010

Who I Want To Be

1 Corinthians 13

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

If I were to be the person that God wants me to be (and that I want to be), then I would be described by these verses from 1 Corinthians 13:
Scott is patient and kind. Scott is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Scott does not demand his own way. He is not irritable, and he keeps no record of being wronged. He does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Scott never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Now THAT is the Scott I strive to be every day. Father, help me to be that person.

No comments: