Friday, August 6, 2010

Crying Out to the Lord

Psalm 28

1 I pray to you, O Lord, my rock.
Do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you are silent,
I might as well give up and die.
2 Listen to my prayer for mercy
as I cry out to you for help,
as I lift my hands toward your holy sanctuary.

A rough start to the morning. Tears and cries for sympathy from our two children still living under our roof, followed by a painful phone call from a Mom whose son has made a series of really bad choices over the past couple of years. Things look like they are about to hit the fan with this latter situation. So sad. I hurt for Mom and Son deeply and I am praying for clarity, peace and comfort for them both. I hurt for my two critters who are both hurting in their own ways. Lord, please give them peace as well as some comfort right now. It is so easy to see that, like David, we need to cry out to our Lord in times of distress, and that those times seem to come frequently in this life. I know that God has it all in hand, and I trust Him for every step I take today. May my children and this Mom and Son do the same.

No comments: