Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thanking God for our College Crew

1 Corinthians 1

4 I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus.

This is my prayer for the college crew at VCC. I always praise God for them and for the gracious gifts He has given to this energetic, enthusiastic group of young adults. They absolutely make my week. After a couple of pretty trying days on a personal front, it was so good to have them not only in my home for Bible study this evening, but to be part of the larger gathering at the Aldhizer’s this evening for the three baptisms we witnessed there. Several of the adults commented on our college crew, on how polite they are, etc. What a fantastic witness. I am so proud of their spiritual growth over the past several months. I am especially gratified by their desire to dig DEEPER into God’s Word, and then to apply what they are learning to their everyday lives. What a blessing to be a small part of this process! What a blessing to grow closer to my Lord with this crew!

No comments: