Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A New Song To Sing

Psalm 40

1 I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
and he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
and steadied me as I walked along.
3 He has given me a new song to sing,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
They will put their trust in the Lord.

I have been praying for a dear brother in Christ today who may have a job opportunity of a lifetime awaiting him. The past couple of years have been beyond tough for him, physically, mentally, and most importantly, spiritually. In fact, he told me today that his walk with Christ has suffered over the past two years. He acknowledges that he cannot do it on his own, that he needs Jesus every single day. He is doing better, and just a job interview today has him walking on clouds. My prayer with him today was that God’s will is done, and that my brother is drawn closer to Jesus no matter what. May God be glorified and praised in this situation and in my brother’s life. And in mine.

No comments: