Monday, August 23, 2010

Innocent in God's Sight

Job 9

2 “Yes, I know all this is true in principle.
But how can a person be declared innocent in God’s sight?”

Poor Job. This is a statement he makes in response to his “friend” Bildad. It is a great question, though. How CAN a person be declared innocent in God’s sight? Only when that person is covered by the Saving Blood of Jesus Christ. Since Job lived before Christ came to complete that atoning sacrifice, his question is a little more difficult to answer. Yet, we know that Job was innocent, that God was simply allowing him to be tested. It was the tailor-made plan of suffering to make Job who he needed to be. Father, I pray today that I will have the strength and patience of Job to handle whatever suffering has been tailor-made for me so that I can be the person YOU want me to be. I am so thankful that I have been declared innocent in Your sight thanks to Jesus. Now, may I live my life in such a way as to please You and bring You glory each day.

No comments: