Friday, August 13, 2010

Greater Determination

Nehemiah 6

9 They were just trying to intimidate us, imagining that they could discourage us and stop the work. So I continued the work with even greater determination.

Throughout the process of rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem, Nehemiah faced fierce opposition from Sandballat and his ilk. They continually tried to discourage, distract, and destroy what Nehemiah was trying to accomplish for the Lord. I absolutely LOVE the statement found in Nehemiah 6:9. May that be the attitude of my heart as I press on with what it is that God has in mind for me to accomplish for His Kingdom. May I have even greater determination to complete the work God wants me to do, and may I never allow anyone to discourage, distract or destroy me in that work!

No comments: