Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thank God For Peggy

1 Samuel 25


32 David replied to Abigail, “Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, who has sent you to meet me today! 33 Thank God for your good sense! Bless you for keeping me from murder and from carrying out vengeance with my own hands. 34 For I swear by the Lord, the God of Israel, who has kept me from hurting you, that if you had not hurried out to meet me, not one of Nabal’s men would still be alive tomorrow morning.” 35 Then David accepted her present and told her, “Return home in peace. I have heard what you said. We will not kill your husband.”


David was on his way to seek vengeance against Nabal and his household. Thanks to Abigail, cooler heads prevailed, and David realized that vengeance was not his business. When I read verse 32 and the first part of 33, I cannot help but think of my Beautiful Bride, Peggy. (David ends up marrying Abigail later on, so the analogy is pretty solid here, I think). I thank God for Peggy’s good sense every day. I am so grateful that God sent Peggy into my life. She has saved me from a multitude of mistakes, and sin. She is the best part of me. She is my help mate, and outside of Christ, she is the one who loves me most in spite of myself. I am indeed a most blessed man!

No comments: