Saturday, May 21, 2011

Set Free In Distress

Psalms 118


5 In my distress I prayed to the Lord,
and the Lord answered me and set me free.


Yesterday was a distressing day for me to say the least. To hear the news that my Bride was experiencing tightness in her chest, tingling in her arms, and that her blood pressure was sky high, took the wind right out of me. Bathing it prayer not only gave me my 2nd breath, but enabled me to take care of the business that had to be taken care of in a calm, cool, collected manner. It was not me, but Christ who had that taken care of! As I told my sister today, my burden is easy and my yoke is light when I am hitched up to the same plow as Jesus. I know that Jesus is right here beside me, and I know that whatever happens, He will be here. I also know that my church family is literally close enough to reach out and touch. Praise God that Peggy is doing fine. She is home and I am so grateful. Praise God that even in the midst of a most distressing time, He has set me free.

No comments: