Sunday, May 22, 2011

I have a reason to worship

Psalm 118

19 Open for me the gates where the righteous enter,
and I will go in and thank the Lord.
20 These gates lead to the presence of the Lord,
and the godly enter there.
21 I thank you for answering my prayer
and giving me victory!

Thank You, Lord for opening the gates where the righteous enter. You sent Jesus to be that gate, and I have been privileged to enter it. Even in the midst of a terribly stressful past few days, You have been right there with me every step of the way. How appropriate it was to sing “The Desert Song” in Celebration services today. The bridge says, “all of my life, in every season, You are still God, I have a reason to sing. I have a reason to worship.” That is exactly how I feel this evening. I will bring praise to my Lord, because He is worthy. The victory He has granted me through Jesus just got an exclamation point on it this weekend by His watch care over my Bride. Thank You, God for Your mercy not only towards Peggy, but towards me this weekend. She is worthy, I am not. I am glad that You have extended that mercy regardless.

No comments: