Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Panting for Your Commands

Psalm 119

131 I open my mouth and pant,
longing for your commands.



I absolutely LOVE the sentiments of this verse. To open my mouth and pant in longing for the commands of God is how I want to live my life! I just finished reading Max Lucado’s “Outlive Your Life,” and have started Kyle Idleman’s “Not A Fan.“ Such challenging ideas that God is showing me these days. May I be a man of prayer, who puts feet on those prayers AFTER praying. May I be a man who sees the world through the eyes of Christ, looking for the beauty in the “hidden” things, and never looking past those who are often overlooked or even shunned. May I not just be a fan of Christ, but truly be a follower, an imitator. How could I possibly dare to tell others to follow me as I follow Christ otherwise? I open my mouth and pant, longing for Your commands, O Lord.

No comments: